Reasons to use EPDM Firestone Rubber Roofing
Firestone has been a trusted name in rubber products, and technology, for over a century, and over one million square meters have been sold, in EPDM membranes alone, since 1980. This is a great product, and will certainly be a product of the future. Below are some reasons why firestone EPDM rubber roofing should be used:-
• LONG LIFE EXPECTANCY – The lifespan of firestone rubber roofing is far better than most roofing products that are available on the market today, with a life expectancy of up to 50 years.
• AESTHETICALLY PLEASING – As a finished product, rubber roofing is very pleasing to the eye, partially down to the size of the sheets that are available, which means for most roofs, there won’t be any seams.
• MULTITUDE OF USES – Firestone rubber roofing has a large variety of flat roofing uses. Just a few uses are extensions, verandas, garden sheds, trailers and gutters.
• ECO FRIENDLY – As an inert material, Firestone rubber roofing has a limited environmental impact. This is apparent in the manufacturing process, and when it is applied on a roof.
• EASY INSTALLATION – No heating up tools are required when laying this product, and due to seamless sheets the installation time is less than most flat roofing products.
• LOW MAINTENANCE – Firestone rubber roofing, as a product requires hardly any maintenance. Once installed correctly rubber roofing has a life expectancy of up to 50 years with little maintenance required.
• HIGH FLEXIBILITY – Firestone rubber can maintain its integrity even at
temperatures as low as – 45°C. When layed the membrane can expand,
and contract, to accommodate building movement.
• DURABILITY – Firestone rubber cover offers a very high resistance to ozone, UV radiation, and extremes of temperatures.
Above are just some of the reasons why Firestone rubber roofing is a great all round product and should definitely be taken into consideration when constructing flat roofs.